[rescue] WTB: Functioning VAX machine (w/ disks or SCSI) in Seattle area

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Sun Feb 19 12:16:41 CST 2012

While on the topic of vaxen, a colleague at $WORK mentioned to me that
in his younger days, he worked on a VAX clone made for (by?) the South
African
military during the 70s/80s (the period during which US sanctions forbade
the
sale of that kind of tech to the country).

Apparently, they were called the "boerevax".

Anyone have any info on this corner of computing history?

(No, I don't want one in my living room, I'm just curious...)

- Andrew