[rescue] little low-wattage servers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:54:59 CST 2012

It has two PCI-Express expansion slots (1x and 16x), you can easily buy a $40
RAID5 controller that would be as good as anything HP would likely solder on
the mainboard...

You could add a nice middling RAID5 card, like a Dell PERC 5i off eBay for
around $75 I guess, or you can add a really nice RAID5 card...

But why wait and limit yourself to what HP chooses to add to a low-cost
server? I don't think they will, since one of the main buyers of these boxes
is people that want to run Windows Home Server on it, which last time I looked
doesn't use hardware RAID...

Lionel

On Feb 5, 2012, at 2:07 AM, David Griffith <dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu> wrote:

> I'm interested, but not ready to buy.  I'd like to see if HP can cram a
RAID5 controller in there.