[rescue] Mobo won't post with new (old) ram stick

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:24:20 CST 2012

Just throwing this out there, but have you considered dust/corrosion on the
second memory slot on the former 2G machine?

In theory dust/dirt could have crept into the previously empty memory slot,
and it is causing problem?

I've been working with a lot of older machines at work recently, and I've been
using canned air to clean out all sockets before I add more RAM to system that
have had empty memory slots for years. It has cut down considerably on my
issues after adding more RAM.

Just a thought,

Lionel