[rescue] Mobo won't post with new (old) ram stick

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Wed Dec 19 11:58:30 CST 2012

> More to come after I get the battery.

The battery got me to the BIOS menu but swapping the ram back and forth
between the two slots suggests there is one bad stick. The brands available
locally are Kingston, Ceon, g.skill, and Patriot. Are any of these
particularly good/bad?

Do I need to buy two new sticks (as in does the memory have to be from the
same company and be the same product #) or can I just get one stick with
similar specs to the one I have now that is working and expect it to work?
The memory I have now was supposed to be very good but it is not carried
locally any more, so it will be hard to find an identical piece.

Thank you.