[rescue] KVM-over-ip

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:24:35 CDT 2011

Any solution is going to require a wire for the kind of video performance I
think you are looking for...

An 'extender' will be cheaper, but will require a Cat5 wire to the server, a
'KVM over IP' is typically designed for what is referred to as 'server grade'
video, and may be dodgy over wireless (I'm guessing).

Not knowing your exact situation, I think you may want to reconsider the goal
of accessing/controlling a remote desktop w/ hi-res graphics wirelessly on
your laptop. A desktop flat panel, keyboard/mouse & speaker on an extender may
be the closest to your goal, and give you a silent console in the next
room...

Lionel