[rescue] Good deal?

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:25:13 CDT 2011

A few years back, I was working in a computer room which had originally been
set up for multiple Symbolics lisp machines (the big ones). They were long
gone, but the two big Liebert AC units remained.

One day, one of them failed causing it to heat and humidify while the other
was cooling and dehumidifying.

I'm always amazed it didn't start raining in there.
On Jul 27, 2011 5:05 PM, "Zachary Giles" <zgiles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a Y2K problem.. 100deg = 00deg :)
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Here at WORK$ we have a student computer lab with a geothermal
> heating/cooling
>> system. The other day when temps were 100 degrees outside the system
> freaked
>> and was pumping hot air into the room, defying all logic & settings. We
had
>> reboot the geothermal system.
>>
>> It was pretty freakin' hot in there...
>>
>> Lionel
>>
>> On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Shawn Wallbridge <swallbridge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>> Hehehe, when I was in Winnipeg, our server room actually hit -5C once.
Our