[rescue] FreeBSD and ZFS, was Re: 3ware raid

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:34:41 CDT 2011

We run ZFS on FreeBSD on a production box at work that sits around
100MBps of network traffic 24/7. No problems at all.

shawn

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Steve Jones <smj+rescue at crash.com> wrote:
> On 07/27/2011 11:51 AM, Zachary Giles wrote:
> .
>> How about FreeBSD 8.. I hear that's even more stable..
>
> I've got a 3ware 9500S in an older Supermicro 1U (Socket 604 Xeons), with an
external 1U SANS Digital 4 drive array. Using the 9500S to mirror the
internal/system disks, but decided to try ZFS for the external drives under
FreeBSD 8.2. Granted I haven't stressed it especially, but no hiccups in
several months of use as a home file server...