[rescue] FreeBSD and ZFS, was Re: 3ware raid

Steve Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Tue Jul 26 14:18:27 CDT 2011

On 07/27/2011 11:51 AM, Zachary Giles wrote:
.
> How about FreeBSD 8.. I hear that's even more stable..

I've got a 3ware 9500S in an older Supermicro 1U (Socket 604 Xeons), with an external 1U SANS Digital 4 drive array. Using the 9500S to mirror the internal/system disks, but decided to try ZFS for the external drives under FreeBSD 8.2. Granted I haven't stressed it especially, but no hiccups in several months of use as a home file server...

YMMV,
--S.