[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 104, Issue 15

steve algernon stevealgernon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:38:54 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM,  <rescue-request at sunhelp.org> wrote:

> Just an FYI to the list, these only work with the funny connector on the
> back of the O2 (possibly one of the other newer model sgi systems) and some
> funky matrox card for PC's.   There is an adapter box that takes this to
> VGA.  Last adapter box I bought was $600!

Someone was selling (what appear to be) home-made adapters on ebay
some years back; I think I paid $150 for mine, which was about the
limit for what I'd pay to get a free monitor working.

There's no markings on the case.  The board says "DVI to SGI
connector", 95-010-320 A/W Rev. B"  E199143 (A Card) and the main chip
is a Silicon Image TMDS ParallelLink plus what I would assume are
buffers.  Ah, and "Copyright 2003 AED Inc."

Funny enough, this card:

http://www.niktec.com/Enlarge.aspx?id=5191458

looks like they're just using the PCI bus as a power supply...  But
the price on it was $175, cheap enough, I guess.

--sma