[rescue] When was Sun model 911 multipack introduced?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Jan 16 17:23:59 CST 2011

" From: Meelis Roos <mroos at linux.ee>
"
" I'm tryng to fill some holes in my old computer museums database and
" have trouble finding out when was Sun model 911 external scsi
" enclosure introduced (4-drive narrow scsi multipack with Seagate Hawk or
" Hawk 2 drives initially). Any good ideas for places too find this info?
"
" []
"
" Hawk 2 Family product manual is from 1995 and similar notice from 1994.
"
" So probably 1994-1995 for 911 introduction?

that sounds good.  i bought a pair of st15230n hawk 4 drives for my
sparc2 about then, and they were pretty new.  iirc the hawk 2 were the
2G version of my 4G drives.