[rescue] When was Sun model 911 multipack introduced?

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Sun Jan 16 15:12:07 CST 2011

I'm tryng to fill some holes in my old computer museums database and
have trouble finding out when was Sun model 911 external scsi
enclosure introduced (4-drive narrow scsi multipack with Seagate Hawk or
Hawk 2 drives initially). Any good ideas for places too find this info?

With what era Sun computers was it used first? Some sparcstations
probably?

Googling tells in 1998 it was called old. Hawk 1 Family product
manual is form 1994, technical specs @ seagate site are from 1993 and
with some strange codepage so maybe really 1993. OTOH, at the end of the
doc is "Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product
offerings or specifications. (08/09/94)" So that may be more accurate
for Hawk 1.

Hawk 2 Family product manual is from 1995 and similar notice from 1994.

So probably 1994-1995 for 911 introduction?

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)