[rescue] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 16 03:11:16 CST 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, John Ruschmeyer wrote:

> Farallon had one which should work. It was actually OEM'd from SONIC
> Systems. I used to use the Sonic version on a Duo 280c under 8.1.
>
> You might also have good luck (at least under 7.5.5 or earlier) with a
> DaynaPORT Ether/SC. As I recall, it is not OpenTransport compatible.

That'd be fine, since the IIe card requires 24-bit addressing, which also
isn't compatible with System 7.6.

However, looking at where the prices of the Asante units have gone, and
how rare the rest are, maybe I'm better off using Zip disks to move data.

> Do you want it on your home network for file sharing via AppleTalk or
> are you planning to try and surt the web, etc. If you just want
> AppleTalk, you could also look for some kind of LocalTalk-to-EtherTalk
> bridge and use the printer port, no?

I really just want to image some Apple II disks and send them over
the network for safe-keeping.  Or, serial might be another option; Apple
II disks weren't exactly huge (in terms of a 19.2k-baud link).

--
Jonathan Patschke  |
Elgin, TX          |  Sent from your rooted trendy mobile device.