[rescue] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:03:21 CST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>wrote:

> I have a Quadra 605 system with an Apple IIe card that I would like to get
> onto my home network.
>
> Does anyone have experience with SCSI Ethernet adapters?  Those look like
> the only path to a networked machine with a IIe card.  My first attempt at
> buying one netted an Asante EN-SC device that is incompatible with 68040
> Macintoshes, and I'd like to have more success on a second attempt.

Farallon had one which should work. It was actually OEM'd from SONIC
Systems. I used to use the Sonic version on a Duo 280c under 8.1.

You might also have good luck (at least under 7.5.5 or earlier) with a
DaynaPORT Ether/SC. As I recall, it is not OpenTransport compatible.

Do you want it on your home network for file sharing via AppleTalk or are
you planning to try and surt the web, etc. If you just want AppleTalk, you
could also look for some kind of LocalTalk-to-EtherTalk bridge and use the
printer port, no?

John