[rescue] Enterprise 3000/3500 and StorEdge A5000 rescue

pete leaknoil at charter.net
Fri Jan 14 02:25:57 CST 2011

That is the most common problem I've seen on FC drives. It isn't the
shipping usually though. The e-recyclers just yank them out of the
arrays and toss them in a pile. They are pulling a hundred plus drives
out of a rack. They don't waste time being careful or anything. The ic's
are usually recessed far enough to survive but, not always. Those
inductors stick out and are fragile.  Every bad FC drive I have bought
off ebay came with either broken inductors on the circuit board or a
broken FC connector.  Every single one was claimed a working pull. Of
course it was working before pulled so, technically they weren't lying
in a way.