[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sun Jan 9 17:20:17 CST 2011

On 01/06/11 18:49, James C wrote:
> Pulseaudio is terrible. I've got a laptop running Fedora 14, and the
> first thing I did after installing was rip Pulseaudio out. Flash audio
> just sounds garbled, and mplayer fails to even work half the time with
> Pulseaudio. But enough ranting about that :p

I flirted briefly with PulseAudio while trying to solve a problem with a
sound card that didn't have any hardware mixing capability.  PA didn't
solve the problem, it just made it sound like hell.

"A man has a problem.  He decides to solve it with PulseAudio.  Now, he
has *two* problems."

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.