[rescue] test

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Jan 6 23:17:42 CST 2011

On 1/7/2011 12:08 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 06:00:53PM -0500, Sandwich Maker wrote:
>> bill - would it make sense to get a static-ip dsl as alternate/backup
>> for the cable?  i imagine fiber isn't available or you'd have gotten
>> it.
> I actually just *cancelled* my UVerse connection (well, once my phone
> number gets ported to my VoIP provider).  The way AT&T wanted to do
> "static IPs" was 1:1 NAT through the crappy 2Wire gateway box.

We have a problem here that AT&T claims that they cannot unblock TCP
port 25 for u-verse business customers.  I have not personally had to
deal with this, but two of my coworkers have called to try to get them
to allow it and have been told that it's not possible.  Kind of a deal
breaker for businesses that run their own mail servers.  Also odd given
that it was a quick and easy phone call to AT&T to get them to turn off
that block on my home DSL line.

     -Dan Sikorski