[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Jan 6 11:58:30 CST 2011

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 01/03/11 04:26, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>> Well. I am useing Unix for close to 20 years now. I saw Linux rising.
>> It evolved from a Unix clone for Unix enthusiasts to a bad Windows
>> surrogate for Windows haters.
>
> Yeah.  I still say Ubuntu is the Linux distribution for people who would
> secretly much rather be running Windows.

What I've been saying for a while is that Ubuntu is for people who don't
want to run Windows.  RedHat is for people who want to run Linux.  You
can sub RedHat for whatever your favorite more-minimal Linux distro is.
I tend to use RedHat because it's what my (corportate) customers are
going to tend to be using.  For my personal use, I have a Macbook pro
and an iMac for my desktop work and I use NetBSD to fill my Unix needs,
though more and more MacOS X is filling that for me.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org