[rescue] Imaging Solaris 2.5 without SCSI devices

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:52:09 CST 2011

Well, last night I rolled back all changes I made to the older, more
broken but unmolested 3GX since I got it, essentially rolling it back
to stock Sol. 2.5 + NCE.

Just for fun, I scripted everything to run overnight to my Mac,
resulting in these files:

-rw-r--r--  1 finder  staff  1215922176 Dec  6 04:27 hdd-slice2-bs256.ddimg
-rw-r--r--  1 finder  staff  1215922176 Dec  6 04:03 hdd-slice2.ddimg
-rw-r--r--  1 finder  staff   139378688 Dec  6 05:20 root.cpio
-rw-------  1 finder  staff    57868288 Dec  6 04:43 root.ufsdump
-rw-r--r--  1 finder  staff   141035520 Dec  6 04:39 rootfs.tar
-rw-------  1 finder  staff    91619328 Dec  6 04:46 usr.ufsdump

I'm a thorough person. :)

So if any SparcBook 3GX users want a stock install, I'll toss one on
our department server.

-- Ian