[rescue] Tadpole 3GX + extras for sale

Justin Haynes justin at justinhaynes.com
Mon Dec 5 10:47:04 CST 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Couldn't you chroot after booting to an ATA CF/PCMCIA flash card?
>
> I might even give that a go...
>
> - Ian

Remember that it is a 16-bit PCMCIA, so you'll be limited to only 16 bit
cards.  The PCMCIA flash card that I had was only 200-300 MB, but was only
supported by Solaris. The Netgear wifi card worked just fine though and I
did indeed get online with it.  I mounted /usr/src and /usr/ports and
several other points via NFS over that connection to update the system as I
only had 1.3GB of hard drive space to work with.

Now if there is a 16-bit PCMCIA card taht is supported by OpenBSD that will
allow me to put in a CF card and get even 16GB, I'd be delighted.  It does
have two slots after all.

-Justin