[rescue] AT&T 3B2

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 5 09:08:37 CST 2011

" From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
"
" On 12/4/11 4:04 AM, "Robert Novak" wrote:
"
" > I have a 3B1 in storage, with the box of documentation and 5.25" floppies I
" > think... unless I gave it away earlier this year. Almost completely, but
" > not entirely, unlike the 3B2 :)
" >
"
" Yeah - the 3B1s had their own set of peculiarities. And that's putting it
" mildly.

oh yeah...  i was once deeply into the 3b1/unixpc community.  we had
several around the lab; a friend and i made our first network hooking
them together.  starlan-1 baby!  and one was my first serious home
computer and internet link for many years, until replaced by a ss2.

" I do not, however, want to go back to the days of 9600 modems and
" Systems/Devices/Dialers files :-)

i'm old enough to remember when 2400 was fast...  not that i hanker to
return to those days.  but i rather like the systems/devices/dialers
architecture, having got quite good at it testing modem access to
systems i tested.