[rescue] VGA Scan Conversion

Nate Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:06:09 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks at mac.com>wrote:

> I was indeed aware of NEC's older line of LCDs, but I was under the
> impression that the "MultiSync" name was just marketing, and that they
> were only capable of specific scan frequencies, rather than the range
> that MultiSync CRTs (and compatible) were capable of.

I was curious, so I just did a google search for that monitor, the NEC page
for it is here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/lcd175m-bk

That has this listed:

Synchronization Range
Horizontal (Analog/Digital)     31.5-81.1 kHz
Vertical            56-76 Hz

They also have a link to the user manual:

http://www.necdisplay.com/documents/UserManuals/LCD175M_User_Manual.pdf

The manual has this in it, for what it's worth:

720 x 400: VGA text
640 x 480 at 60 Hz to 75 Hz
800 x 600 at 56 Hz to 75 Hz
832 x 624 at 75 Hz
1024 x 768 at 60 Hz to 75 Hz
1152 x 864 at 75 Hz
1152 x 870 at 75 Hz
1280 x 960 at 60 Hz to 75 Hz
1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz to 75 Hz
Some systems may not support all modes listed.
Recommended resolution is 60 Hz for optimal display performance.

- Nate