[rescue] Identify this Sunish Serial Cable Splitter...

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Sep 23 16:21:38 CDT 2010

>> Wondering if this is some kind of Multibus tape setup? I have an old VME
>> board similar to this which is wall art, but it was a multibus tape
>> controller setup, IIRC.

Old pic, of a different system but should be similar:

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/computer_stuff/cray_forsale3/left_IOS_drawer2.jpg

Left to Right:
Sparcstation board, then prob the cray bus board, then the SE Interphase
SCSI board, then another SCSI board, then something, then a blank, then it
repeats.

There is one FDDI board in there and some other stuff.

Later Crays had some other box called a gigaring, and I never really could
find pictures of it or too much info. They use Fibrechannel drives. I wish
I could stumble onto a Gigaring setup that could replace the IOS thing.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :