[rescue] Identify this Sunish Serial Cable Splitter...

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Sep 23 16:06:25 CDT 2010

> Wondering if this is some kind of Multibus tape setup? I have an old VME
> board similar to this which is wall art, but it was a multibus tape
> controller setup, IIRC.

It's from a Cray IO subsystem. There are 4 of these VME boards. Each has
AUI cable to a AUI hub, and then there is a SCSI controller on each. Those
controllers go to disks. One of them has FDDI as well.

It's my understanding they boot something like VxWorks and just handle IO.

I'm about to hook some random hard drives (about 1/4th of what it
originally had) up and see if I can get the install scripts to install
UNICOS onto it soon.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :