[rescue] Wanted: Rackmount kit for a SGI Origin 200

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Mar 31 15:24:34 CDT 2010

> Let me phrase it like Kinky Friedman ... the [non-]quality of SGI's plastic
> parts has always failed to amaze me.  Most of my SGIs (I still have a
> couple) have avoided major breakage, but, even given the great care with
> which I've treated them, the cases all have various minor bits broken off.

Indy and Indigo were strong. The door on the Indigo2 was bad. I never had
issue with the Octane, but it's a heavy mofo. The Onyx/Challenge L was
fine, sure it's possible to damage the side vents but that's true of
anything.

Origin 2000 was fine, I can't think of bad points there. Origin 3800 was
fine.

Indigo2 door was an issue (way undersized plastic snap thing).

Origin 200 was a mess, but that was ment to be a rackmount and was skinned
out as a desk side.

Challenge XL / Onyx rack were totally badass.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :