[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 88, Issue 11

Fred FRED at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Wed Mar 24 08:36:48 CDT 2010

>From:	IN%"rescue at sunhelp.org" 23-MAR-2010 13:43:13.17
>To:	IN%"rescue at sunhelp.org"
>CC:
>Subj:	rescue Digest, Vol 88, Issue 11

>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:42:19 -0400
>From: Tom Manos <tmanos at concursive.com>
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org

>If there is real interest, and others want to participate more seriously than
>just pointing a news reader at my INN server, I'm ready. I don't think I
>intended to say that this should be "by invite" only, just that it shouldn't
>be open to the huns. Not sure what the best method of accomplishing that would
>be.

For one, I am interested.

You could use NNTP authentication, and while it would be trivial, it would
keep the masses out.  Some sort of simple username and password combo that
anyone on this (or the geeks) list would easily be able to manage.  It would
be a slight pain to set up all the u/p combos at first is the only downside I
see.

Heck, I've been wanting to set up a VAXNotes (or just Notes, now ...)
scenario on the hobbyist DECNet I'm on, so .... :)

Cheers,

Fred