[rescue] Old school usenet

Tom Manos tmanos at concursive.com
Tue Mar 23 12:42:19 CDT 2010

Also thanks for the follow-ups on the idea of a community based on some old
school stuff, like usenet.

If there is real interest, and others want to participate more seriously than
just pointing a news reader at my INN server, I'm ready. I don't think I
intended to say that this should be "by invite" only, just that it shouldn't
be open to the huns. Not sure what the best method of accomplishing that would
be.

What I am interested in is a system that sort of enforces the old USENET
Etiquette principles, aiming for near 100% information content and near 0%
spam and other crap.

Although I originally thought of the thing as mostly for technical groups, I'm
not sure I still think that.

Comments? How much interest is there, really?