[rescue] Seeking opinions: change my desktop machine?

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:14:46 CST 2010

Right now, my desktop is a 1.8 GHz AMD with 512 MB of RAM. It's a dog,
even running Linux. I just rescued a 2x1.2Ghz AMD system; should I
take the RAM, hard drive, and video card out of my desktop and stick
them in the new machine, making that my new desktop box? I'm wondering
what your opinions are on the tradeoff, i.e. 1.8 GHz vs. 2 1.2 GHz
processors.

John
--
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing" -- Rob Pike