[rescue] WTB 68-pin SE SCSI drives

saquinn624 at aol.com saquinn624 at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 18:59:21 CST 2010

I hate to mention on of my favorite ebay sellers but ecycle2 has been
selling server drives a lot lately. I think most of them are SCSI 3
but the smaller ones may be SCSI 2 (which is what I think you are
looking for.) I haven't been keeping track of the interfaces.

Since his machine takes wide SCSI it doesn't matter what version of (parallel
16-bit) SCSI they are. U320 drives don't have to support narrow operations
(many do, but some don't), but all modern wide SCSI standard drives will sync
to Fast-10/Wide (which the Cray probably uses). SCA might be difficult with
the numbers of adaptors required, and the end drive might need to be a drive
back when they offered onboard termination (didn't that stop at U-2?), but
other than that it should all be good.