[rescue] WTB- 68 pin SCSI SE hard drives

Paxton innfosun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:37:33 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
> Egg on my face! I actually counted the pins in the connector and they are 68
> pin, not 50 pin. So my brief hunt for 50 pin high density connectored SCSI
> disks was misguided. Those 68 pin connectors look small without the
> thumbscrews.
>
> So I'm looking for 12 or 14 ~9GB 68 pin single ended drives. The Cray has
> connectors for 24 of them, so I guess I could go 24, but I'm trying to keep
> the costs down.
>
> Let me know what you have!

I hate to mention on of my favorite ebay sellers but ecycle2 has been
selling server drives a lot lately. I think most of them are SCSI 3
but the smaller ones may be SCSI 2 (which is what I think you are
looking for.) I haven't been keeping track of the interfaces.

there is also an ecycle1 and ecycle3, in Florida and Texas respectively

These are the people we got the IBM keypads from. I have been
occasionally buying computers and flat screen monitors from them. It
is convenient for me as I can pick up.

Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR
USA