[rescue] Looking to rescue a PC

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Feb 15 15:54:17 CST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> I'd consider getting a Core2 CPU in a Dell Optiplex 745.  From ebay, it
> looks like you can get one for less than $100 for the single-core
> version.

I'll second that; the 745 is a decent machine, and you can toss in a Core
2 Quad CPU, if you're careful about selecting one with the right FSB speed
and power requirements.  You get a reasonable array of PCIe slots if the
onboard graphics don't do it for you, and storage isn't blazing, but it's
perfectly reasonable.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."