[rescue] OT - Optics / Laser rescue bits?

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Wed Dec 22 19:18:51 CST 2010

Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> Steve Jones wrote:
>> Show off. :P
>> /--/S.
>
> That's the laser I sold! It took quite a bit of work to align it. [...]

Sorry if this made it past humor filters -- that ":P" was supposed to be
an emoti-thingy indicating ... something. The comment was related to the
Cray, not the laser.

Overblown example: "Here are some photos of the fondue pot I sent Chad.
Oh and by the way, that's my Bugatti Veyron in the background, next to
my Ferrari Enzo. I mostly use them to store my old golf clubs..."

Admittedly AFAIK most Crays do provide the kind of mass and leveling
options that would make them decent enough temporary optical workbench
substitutes... Provided they're powered down, of course.

Apologies for any offense, misunderstandings, excessive ellipsis, and
continued waste of bandwidth. We now return to your regularly scheduled
mailing list traffic, already in progress...

/--/S.

PS - Happy Holidays!