[rescue] wanted - 5.25" drive shoebox

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Wed Dec 8 02:13:50 CST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Mark G Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I knew I shouldn't have thrown them out years ago when I was cleaning
> out my basement!
>
> I'm seeking a drive box with openings for two full height 5.25" drives
> or four half-height 5.25" (like CDROM) drives, and a 5V/12V power supply.
> These were popular for the old several-hundred MB full height hard drives
> and also for "CDROM towers".
>
> I need it for a computer project and so far the only ones I've been
> able to find are only large enough for two half-height drives. This
> needs to hold a 3.5" floppy, a 5.25" floppy, a notebook IDE drive, a
> drive-bay CF reader, and my tiny single board computer. For those
> curious, it's a p112 single board Z80 CP/M computer with a GIDE interface.
>
> Alternatively, maybe I could find one of those discontinued Teac FD505
> combo drives, to fit both the 3.5" and 5.25" drives in a single 1/2 height
> package, leaving room for the other components.
>
> Does anyone have either of the above in their junk collection?

I'm pretty sure I have a case with three half-height bays and I know where
it is.  A notebook drive and CF reader should both be able to share the
same half-height sled.  There's room to mount the P112 in the back like I
did [http://661.org/p112/images].  I plan to visit the storage unit
Wednesday or Thursday anyhow, so I'll make sure I snag it for you.  It's
yours for shipping.  Email me and refresh me on where I should send it.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu