[rescue] Booting a Sparcstation 5 with 1 good 1 bad HD

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Dec 1 16:37:56 CST 2010

" From: Matt P <laz303 at gmail.com>
"
" If I've read the thred correctly, you've moved this disk from the top
" bay to the bottom, having removed a bad disk from the bottom..
" put this disk back in the top, leave the bottom empty, and do your
" "boot disk1" from the OBP prompt.. bet that will work.. the disk
" thinks it has to look for the slices in the old position according to
" /etc/vfstab and you've moved it to a different scsi address..

my 1st thought too, and let's hope.  but i set up a system like this
in the mid '90s, with s2.4 on 1 disk and sunos4.1.4 on the other, and
the disks were so small [sun0424s iirc] i had them share /usr on 1 and
/var on the other, as well as small swap slices on each.

at least it looks like the nvram batt is still good!