[rescue] BIOS update for Sun Fire v40z?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Aug 18 16:51:32 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 05:26:45PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
>Um, no.  Copyright violation is not theft.  (Admittedly, this deserves
>to be said in response to both of the above quotes.)

It depends upon where you are, Canadian law is different than US law. I was
talking about US law. You are in Canada, which has different laws.

In the US copyright violation is both a criminal and civil offense.

I am not familar with Canadian law, but what research a friend of mine did
when someone stole his copyrighted work, the RCMP would have a very different
opinion.

Are you confusing the Canadian exception for music/video that exists because of
a tax on media to fund compensation for artists with copyright violation?

As a Canadian, are you saying you are familar with US copyright law? Enough
to make such a sweeping statement?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order