[rescue] BIOS update for Sun Fire v40z?

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Aug 18 16:26:45 CDT 2010

>> I don't believe I have asked anybody to steal anything and I never
>> would.
> Since Oracle has withdrawn them from free download, you unintentional
> did exactly that.

Um, no.  Copyright violation is not theft.  (Admittedly, this deserves
to be said in response to both of the above quotes.)

And, merely withdrawing from download availability does not necessarily
make copying it a copyright violation.  That would depend on the terms
(which usually means "license") under which the putatively
redistributed copy was made.

For example, I have a good deal of stuff which *is* public domain
available for anonymous FTP.  If I then remove one of those files from
the FTPable area, this has no effect whatever on what people may do
with already-fetched copies.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org