[rescue] PC100/133 memory size/density/etc question(s)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Oct 27 09:03:05 CDT 2009

" From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
"
" I'm playing around with an old Asus K7M (Athlon) motherboard (with a
" 750MHz Slot-A Athlon processor on it)....
"
" I have various memory modules... and I've found the K7M will run modules
" most PC100/133 boards won't (i.e. registered ECC modules).
"
" I have 128, 256, 512, and 1G registered ECC modules....
"
" All work... but the 512 and 1G modules only see half of each stick...
" unsure if it is seeing the 1st half of each chip, or only half the chips.
"
" []
"
" I'm wondering if there are some different density modules that would
" allow me to run 3 x 512M DIMMs and see them as 3 x 512M DIMMS... vs
" wasting half of my DIMMs to inaccessibility ?
"
" Any ideas if there were 'low density' 512M PC133 DIMMs as well as 'high
" density' ?

you mention pc100, so how about
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/100SD512328/
?

now, about those backup archive tapes you were going to burn to dvd
for me...	;^>