[rescue] off topic - red hat linux book

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Oct 20 22:25:24 CDT 2009

I have never really cared for vim and typically prefer the original Bill
Joy vi.

On Unix clone systems, I will typically download and compile/install the
original stuff from source.

http://ex-vi.sourceforge.net/

The original does have a couple shortcomings, depending on your needs
and requirements.  When that is the case, I have had much better luck
with nvi.

http://www.bostic.com/vi/

YMMV, depending on your needs.

Jerry