[rescue] Need motherboard for IBM RS/6000 42T

leaknoil leaknoil at comcast.net
Sat Oct 17 12:46:41 CDT 2009

I found an old 42t thats in great shape other then it doesn't work. Just
says 212 on the front display and nothing else happens. Looks like a
memory system error of some sort. I'd really like to get it working again.

When I first tried turning it on it went past the 212 display and seemed
to be going through it's normal diagnostics. It would always seem to
stop at some number though. Most of the time it was 212. Never got
anything on the monitor but, I think the 13w3 adapter I had wasn't wired
right for this.  After a few more boot tries it just went to 212 as soon
as powered on and stayed there. I opened it up and there was a simm
hanging half out of the socket. Reinserted it but, still 212. Played
with taking ram out and moving it around and no change. I imagine it
probably took out the motherboard.

Unless anyone has an idea what else it might be I suppose I need to
replace the motherboard. Anyone have a motherboard they can part with. ?
I suppose I would be interested in a whole 42t if taking the time to
pull it out is a hassle. I'm in California but, shipping a motherboard
from anywhere in the world probably isn't out of the question. Shipping
a system from outside the US probably would be. Any help appreciated.

Total off subject but, I also need to find  MPE on dat for a HP3000/957.