[rescue] U20 motherboard upgrade ?- WAS: Wanted: Old Sun Hardware

Jerry K sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Wed Oct 14 14:04:57 CDT 2009

I have a (probably similar) Sun Ultra 20 M2 system.  I have also noticed
that several other list members have mentioned in passing that they also
own similar units.

As these are x86 systems, I am curious if anyone has performed a
motherboard/CPU upgrade on an Ultra 20?  Are there any oddities or
particular strange parts in an Ultra 20, vs any other generic x86 based
system that would preclude an upgrade?

I hope that this is a completely stupid/obvious question, but this is my
first/only x86 system that I have had in over a decade.

TIA for any replies,

Jerry