[rescue] Rescue Cutoff

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Nov 15 12:32:21 CST 2009

On 15 Nov 2009, at 17:50, Phil Stracchino wrote:
[...]
> I've not seen anything close to that price this side of the
> Atlantic.  I
> have to wonder:  With a 12-month warranty *from the seller*, NOT from
> Hitachi, how certain are you that those aren't remanufactured drives?

Scan is a major UK boxshifter, and those drives are probably NOS units
that have been cluttering up the warehouse for years.

They're not actually backing the warranty themselves. Under UK law, if
the goods break down, the *seller* is liable. All Scan will do if you
send a drive back to them is to send it onwards to Hitachi for a
warranty replacement.