[rescue] Rescue Cutoff

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Nov 14 18:54:39 CST 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Thought abought SCSI? Symbios Controllers are pretty cheap these days,
> and 73 gig drives are as well...

Define "pretty cheap".  I bought two 80GB SATA disks and a PCI SATA
controller a few months back, for about the cost of buying the smallest
non-refurbished replacement SCSI disk I could find.  (I will not buy
refurbed disks.  They've already failed *at least* once.)

Of course, subsequently I discovered that no power on earth will induce
the machine I bought them for to boot off the PCI SATA controller....

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.