[rescue] Can a drive from an EMC be used an a SunBlade

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Nov 12 22:52:49 CST 2009

As a word of warning.... beware FC drives that say '12V only' (as does the
one I have).  Not sure if the V at the end of the Seagate # indicates
the 12V
only, or not... so I can't say all ST3146807FCV will not work in Sun... but
the story on these is that EMC had the drive 'reworked' to run 12V only
instead of the usual 5/12V.  It has a big '12V Only' on it.

 From my internet searches... (number one search response is sites selling
these), they would appear to work in nothing other than the system they
were intended to go in.

Well... thankfully it was only  $23.00 + $8.00 ship....

Anyone have any 144G or larger FC drives they care to part with ?

-- Curt