[rescue] Have: SGI L/XL/Onyx spares, want Atari Mega

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon May 11 01:45:17 CDT 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 7:16 PM, Robert Darlington wrote:

> That's the one.  I managed to pick up several RM4 boards and a 4
> port front
> plane connector for them, but I get vertical pinstriping if more
> than 2 are
> installed.  Any ideas about that one?  RE2 boardset.  Actually 2 if
> you
> count the one in storage plus all the other RM4's.

Possible RM configurations are 1, 2, or 4 boards. The deskside chassis
technically only supports up to two boards.

I suppose one may be an RM4T---one is required to terminate the RE in
the Crimson chassis, but not necessary in an Onyx. I haven't tried
this to know what happens when you put an RM4T in an Onyx, but it's
possible that it could result in pinstriping.

But yes, they are prone to this particular failure mode. Can you track
it down to one board in particular?

ok
bear