[rescue] SS 10 question and Ultra 10 question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 30 14:10:51 CDT 2009

" From: Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org>
"
" 1) The Sun Monitor is a 17 inch, but no manufacturing info.  And to be
" honest, I can't for the life of me figure out how to open the plastic.
" I've taken out all the screws (and checked underneath all the labels for
" that hidden screw...)  No luck.  The other Dell monitors I have it was
" fairly simple to find out what was off.

the shells might have snap-together sections.

" 3) On the Ultra 10, if I put in a drive larger than 128G, will it "work" at
" all? (i.e. yes, but only use 128G?)

yup.  the limit is that the controller simply can only generate 48-bit
block addresses, hence the 'lba48 limit' label.  dunno about s10 but
on older solarii you have to fudge the geometry and hand format to
work around their hard cylinder limits.

if you ditch the cdrom you can attach 4 128G drives to the onboard
ctlrs.  not that a pci ata card wouldn't be faster...