[rescue] SS 10 question and Ultra 10 question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 30 10:22:21 CDT 2009

" From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
"
" On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:06:32AM -0400, Earl Baugh wrote:
"
" > And anybody have a line on 2 more sticks of RAM for it?  It's got 2 256
" > sticks, so I can go two more...
"
" The two sticks you get must match the existing sticks in number of bits
" for the column addressing.

this brings up something i've been musing about.

my gf just bumped the ram in her imac to max; memory is cheap enough
we figured no point in doing less.  thing is, officially it only
supports 512M sticks but we got 1G ones, carefully organized to match
what the mem controller can handle.  they have sticks like this for
all sorts of macs.

now i'm wondering how many other machines can be pushed this way...