[rescue] Looking for PowerMac G5 part

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Dec 8 22:07:53 CST 2009

" From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
"
" []
"
" I need the "PowerMac G5 Thermistor Cable", Apple part #922-6205. It's the
" little temp sensor that sits at the front of the logic board, above the
" memory slots and in front of one of the fans.
"
" This link shows the part:  http://www.welovemacs.com/9226205.html
"
" []
"
" It's an interesting problem- the machine won't boot if it's cold. It will
" power up, fans and disk will spin, but no boot. If I blow a hair dryer at
" the front of it for a minute, then it will boot.
" []
"
" []
" The Apple Genius and a friend who does Mac support at a
" local college both scratched their heads and didn't have a better remedy to
" try.

you need to locate an electronic tech.  one could probably find a
replacement thermistor at rat shack for a few $$.