[rescue] ATX power switch

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:44:44 CST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> That's pretty much it, yeah.  Couldn't bring myself to do it.  $9 to
> ship a one-ounce, three-dollar switch via UPS ground?  Probably in a
> box
> a foot on a side stuffed full of packing?  Come ON.  Small padded
> envelope, two first-class stamps, DONE.

I used to buy items from Staples on sale and was typically $1 or less
off from 'free shipping' threshold, so I'd add a box of paper clips to
get free shipping. So I'd get my item in it's original bow with a
shipping label, and in a 12"x12"x18" box from a different warehouse
was my 89 cent box of paper clips. It cost Staples HUGE to send that
89 cent item...

Lionel