[rescue] ATX power switch

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:01:27 CST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>
>> Phil, are scrap ATX systems that hard to find in your area? Around
>> here, they pop up all around on 'big pick-up' days, do you have an
>> electronics recycling station near-by?
>
> I was thinking that it might be worth calling up a smaller computer
> shop outside of your area and asking if they have one they could
> stick in an envelope and send you.  But then again, by the time
> you're calling around for the thing, it might be better to just pay
> the goofy shipping charges instead of spending an afternoon calling
> around.

I assumed Phil had an issue with the *idea* of paying 300% S/H, not so
much paying $12 to get his computer working normally...

Also, it just occured to me that you could just go to Radio Shack and
get a $2 push switch and drill a hole in the chassis... Depends how
visable this system would be, and how tolerant Phil would be of a
'hacked' case I guess.

Lionel