[rescue] Rescue Challenge..?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Aug 1 15:17:51 CDT 2009

Christopher Purdy wrote:
>> Also, how are you defining "power"?
>>
>> Bill
>

> I suppose we would have to limit it to more "classic" systems - as
> opposed to "unobtanium", i.e. cray's, etc... Because - yes he would
> win by default.
>
> Maybe set a limit of the newest machine that can be used, Maybe only
> up to Ultras?
>
> Maybe best machine of each vintage... i.e. best Sparc 10, 20, U1, U2, etc...

Well, I have a U30 with a 250MHz USII, 2G RAM, Elite3D-M3, Creator3D,
three SCSI controllers, GigE, 18GB and 50GB internal disks, 12x36GB
external disks in two Ultra-SCSI 711s each on its own USCSI controller.
 Everything in it was rescued except the 36GB disks.

JD Fogg currently has my former 6x336MHz E3000...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.