[rescue] Drives for T1s/V100s

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Sep 5 12:32:55 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 01:30:14PM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Why is that the case? I've done MS server installs, including Server
> 2008 from a DVD, and it didn't *seem* that slow - doesn't your server
> have USB 2.0 ports?

I thought they both had USB 1.1 ports.

However, I double checked, and it turns out that the primary one I'm
thinking about (the T1-105) doesn't have USB at all.  So my options are
internal laptop IDE driver or external SCSI drive.

> I agree about SCSI, I've lost track of which servers have which ports
> available...

For me, all my servers have SCSI, except for the V100.  If I put the C7
into the rack, that will be the first non-SCSI server.